[Resolved] Disabling titles in headers for specific posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disabling titles in headers for specific posts

Home Forums Support Disabling titles in headers for specific posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ch1800

Hello,

I’m using <h1>{{post_title}}</h1> in post headers with a Header Element and would need to disable this title in some posts – not all of them.
    Would this be possible?

I cannot make exceptions for those posts in Display Rules of this Element as this would affect all other settings as well.

Thanks.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can try creating a duplicate of the Header Element without the <h1>{{post_title}}</h1>, and then displayed to the specific pages you prefer. Then, exclude these pages/posts in your original Header Element.

You may also do this through CSS, you’ll just need to get to post id or page id:

body.postid-5729 .inside-page-hero h1 {
        display:none;
    }

if page:

body.page-id-2621 .inside-page-hero h1 {
    }

combined:

body.page-id-2621 .inside-page-hero h1, body.postid-5729 .inside-page-hero h1 {
    }

multiple:

body.page-id-2621 .inside-page-hero h1, body.postid-5729 .inside-page-hero h1,
    body.postid-5730 .inside-page-hero h1,
    body.postid-5731 .inside-page-hero h1 {
    }

As shown, you may apply the rule to multiple posts/pages, you’ll just to separate the selector with a comma.

Here is an article with regards to adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/#additional-css

Adding this through additional CSS should work.

How to get the page/post id: https://kinsta.com/blog/wordpress-get-post-id/

Hope this clarifies. 🙂

ch1800

Many thanks Fernando,

I also initially thought of doing what you suggest in your first para but this looks a bit overkill.
    I finally got inspired by your CSS suggestions and ended up simply using this at each individual post separately:

.inside-page-hero {
        display: none;
    }

That works fine and thanks again!

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome! Glad you found a more apt solution! Feel free to reach out anytime you’ll need assistance with anything else. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.