[Resolved] disable / unhook div#page without using CSS on front page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] disable / unhook div#page without using CSS on front page

Home Forums Support disable / unhook div#page without using CSS on front page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster

Can you please recommend a function to unhook / disable the page content from the home page (or a specific page)?

.page-id-2 div#page {
    	display: none;
    }

I’m using a full screen full width vertical center content page header. Everything is jammed into that header content so I don’t need any of the page / post content to display.

1) Edit Page
    2) Scroll down to Layout -> Disable Elements
    3) I would have thought, under Content Title, there would be Content Page?

There is a chunk of blankness (produced by the padding or margin) even though page content is empty. This creates a web browser scrollbar.

blank chunk of empty bg from padding

Maybe I’m not using GP correctly but I don’t think if I use a page header, the div#page should show if post (or page) content is empty.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can set the Page Builder Container metabox to contained or full width and it will remove that padding.

To actually remove the #page element, you would need to create a custom page template for that specific page.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Webmaster

Thanks for the tip.

I thought it was gonna be as easy as duping a page but it looks like I’ll need to:

– create custom header.php (customize line #53)
    – create child theme page template
    – create custom footer.php (line #14)

What a funky GP structure, to have the actual #page in the header.php seems odd. If by any chance, you have a zip file – please send it over at whatever time best suits you. I’d be most grateful, if not, thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yea, that structure was inherited from underscores, which is what the theme was based on.

It’s likely easier to just hide the #page element if it’s not needed – it won’t hurt anything, and will take a lot less customizing.

Webmaster

Agreed.

Good day to you Mr. Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You as well! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.