[Resolved] Disable style sheet for certain pages and posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disable style sheet for certain pages and posts

Home Forums Support Disable style sheet for certain pages and posts

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

Hello,
    I would ask what if there is an option to disable the style sheet for certain pages and posts. I use a child theme, and I would like to use custom HTML and CSS in some pages and posts. Even I use the Simple CSS plugin on those pages and apply custom CSS, the final result is weird. I know for sure there is a solution for that, please just give me a short guide. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the correct way would be to save the styles in a separate style sheet and use the wp_enqueue_scripts hook:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_enqueue_style/#comment-340

But this would require you to add a condition to where the code should be loaded.

Simplest method would be to use a Hook element and add a link to the style sheet in the WP_head for those specific pages:

<link rel="stylesheet" id="my-custom-style-sheet" href="full_url_to_my_custom_styles" type="text/css" media="all">

Marcel

David, thank you! So, to understand I should create a custom CSS file and store it on my child theme folder, where function.php and style.css already exist and name it according to the example given above (my-custom-style-sheet.css)? Image attached.
    And, the full URL to my-custom-style-sheet would be: my-website.com/wp-content/themes/generatepress_child/my-custom-style-sheet.css?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats correct accept you change the ID="my-custom-style-sheet" and the style sheet file name to whatever you like as long as it is unique.

Marcel

Hello David,
    Please guide me on this puzzle:
    – should I put also my HTML into a Hook element and add a link to the style sheet in the WP_head for a specific page
    OR
    just add a link to the style sheet in the WP_head for a specific page and put my HTML into that page (using a custom HTML Gutenberg block, for instance…)? Image here.
    Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The second option

Marcel

Perfect. It is working. Now, if I would to use wp_enqueue_scripts (the correct way), should I include it on my function.php or using a hook? Could I have a hypothetical snippet from your side, let say for a style sheet with the ID=”my-custom-style-sheet” and adding a condition to where the code should be loaded, let say for the page with ID= 101? Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

wp_enqueue_scripts would go in the function.php. Tom provides an example of conditional enqueue here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/mobile-menu-and-mobile-header-color-for-different-page/page/2/#post-502162

Marcel

Thank you, David. Should I first use “wp_dequeue_style” first, for better results or it is not necessary?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

wp_dequeue_style is only required if you need to remove an existing style sheet. As you’re adding rather then replacing it is not required.

Marcel

Thank you, David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.