[Resolved] Disable Sidebars (Second Nav) on “Entire Site” except for Shop

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disable Sidebars (Second Nav) on “Entire Site” except for Shop

Home Forums Support Disable Sidebars (Second Nav) on “Entire Site” except for Shop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fredrik

Hi,

I’m trying to only display second nav (Left Sidebar) under my Shop using Elements.

I set up an Element that uses Content (no sidebars) for the entire site with the exception of the Shop page that is Excluded under Display Rules.

This, however, does not seem to work. The logic should be that the excluded page now shows the default sidebar and the rest of the site has no sidebars.

I’ve tried a different method where I set Sidebar / Content for the entire site with an exception of the FrontPage. This works somehow. Unfortunately then you get the default right sidebar on the front page.

Ideally, you should be able to set up a basic layout rule for the entire site, then add exceptions for specific pages. Not the other way around.

But maybe this is not how Elements is designed? Or I’m using the wrong approach with Elements?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

which Shop page are you ‘excluding’ in your Display Rules?

If its the woocommerce shop you need to use Product Archive

If not – in Customizer > Layout > Woocommerce you can set the Sidebar settings there.

Fredrik

Hi David,

I tried “excluding” both Woo Shop page & Woo Product Archive in Display Rules. No effect or changes to the site.

The setting for sidebar in the Woo Customizer is set to Sidebar / Content.

But my general Element layout rule probably overrides this. So no sidebar is displayed because of this.

Just to recap what I’m trying to do. Control the entire site layout with Elements and adding exceptions for certain “pages”.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Right now I’m seeing no sidebar on the home page, and a left sidebar on your product pages.

Can you show us a screenshot of the Display Rules for your Layout Element possibly?

Fredrik

Hello Tom,

I did some more testing and what it boiled down to is probably something to do with caching.

Basically, when saving an Exclusion Rule with Product Archive and Product Category Archive it takes a while (a handful of minutes in my case) before the changes take effect.

Since the workflow is fast and very direct otherwise it’s an easy miss since the Location Rule for the Entire Site took effect immediately, removing all Sidebars.

I guess the take back from this is, be more patient in the future 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s working now! Always good to disable caching during development 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.