[Support request] Disable Parent Style

Home Forums Support [Support request] Disable Parent Style

Home Forums Support Disable Parent Style

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    William

Hi,

I have child theme that I am currently working on and want to use semantic-UI but the parent style is in the way. What is the method of disabling the parent styles via functions.php?

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Which specific file are you wanting to disable?

William

Hi,

I am trying to disable mobile.css,mobile.min.css and unsemantic-grid and min version.

William

The reason for that is WooCommerce archive page is not responsive nicely and I want the product item to display in four columns on desktop, three on tablet and one on mobile. I do not want extra plugin to achieve responsiveness.

I am happy not to use Semantic-UI grid and use un-semantic grid layout but I am struggling to change grid-70 to grid-100 in product archive page

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Disabling those styles will create tons of layout issues within GP. It’s possible, but it would be a lot of work to integrate it with a new framework.

Can you link me to one of those product pages so I can see which grid-70 you’re talking about?

Thanks!

William

It would be a lot of work. When I build GP child theme for client, the layout provided by GP is limited and struggle to make it more flexible and responsive. But I am new to the GP framework and love the speed that GP offers but spent alot of time throwing code to the wall to see if it sticks…

Less time to build theme is my aim but getting there is a struggle.

Here is the demo site you want to have a look.

http://client.121creativetownsville.com.au/twocreativeheads/shop

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your #right-sidebar element is missing some of the crucial grid classes to allow it to sit on the right next to the content area.

Were those classes removes to fix something specific I might be able to help with?

Unsemantic (the grid system we use) is actually mobile-first, so everything should be responsive.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.