[Resolved] Disable elements site wide?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Disable elements site wide?

Home Forums Support Disable elements site wide?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Christine

Hey GP Crew,

I’m trying to build out a new staging site version of my live site and want to disable the sidebar site wide. Is there an easy way to set ‘disable elements’ site wide so I can work with a blank template?

Thanks,
    Jules

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Layout Element will do this for you:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Christine

Ah yes, thanks for that. It’s been a while since I’ve used GP for my sites, so I wasn’t familiar with the new Elements section. That all sounds awesome!

Quick other question – I’m using GP + GPP with Beaver Builder. Is it possible to build a saved row in Beaver Builder and then inset that shortcode as a header in the Elements section?

I made a new element, a hook, then choose it as the header and set it for the entire site. And for the header this is the text I put in:

[fl_builder_insert_layout id=”9194″]

With the ID being the ID of the header row I created. Is that correct? It doesn’t seem to be working.

Basically trying to build custom headers and footers with Beaver Builder and insert them in the GP theme with Elements.

Thanks,
    Julian

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the Hook Element did you check the Execute Shortcodes checkbox?

Christine

I did select execute shortcode at the time, but I just rechecked my code and changed the ID to the slug and it worked:

[fl_builder_insert_layout slug=”new-header”]

So that’s awesome! Such a rad feature! Stoked to be able to create custom headers and footers within the Beaver Builder rows and then insert them as the site wide, or specific pages, headers and footers. Such an great theme and plugin ๐Ÿ‘

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you got that resolved. Certainly is an awesome feature ๐Ÿ™‚

Jeff

That’s cool. This is the reason I originally purchased Beaver Themer (to layout headers and footers). So I guess you could just do what you’ve done here. Any other drawbacks you’ve run into?

Christine

No real headaches at this stage, but I am having a few issues with menu text not being super responsive. Any way to make the menu text shrink as the page width shrinks, and then eventually switches over to the icon for mobile?

Does that make sense?

Jeff

I thought you could adjust the fonts at the different breakpoints for tablet and mobile, but beyond that I don’t know. Would love to find out!

Christine

You can set the fonts for each viewing mode (desktop, tablet, mobile), but I was hoping for a shrinking scale for text, rather than the width shrinking and the text stay the same until it jumps into the next viewing mode.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.