[Resolved] Different Sidebar in every post?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different Sidebar in every post?

Home Forums Support Different Sidebar in every post?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Derek

Hello,

Right now I’m using “Custom Sidebars” plugin to put a different sidebar on each blog post, and the “Q2W3 Fixed Widget” plugin to make the widget in my custom sidebar fixed with scroll. What I’m trying to achieve is a floating sidebar menu of jump link anchors, like a menu of quick links if you will.

In order to achieve this I have to create a new sidebar for each and every post, and I would imagine that after some time I will have issues with too many sidebars crowding and slowing down my admin area. So…I was wondering if Generate Press has some way of doing this using one of the premium features that I know little about?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes, it is not a good idea to be registering lots of sidebar / widget areas for this function. You’re site performance will degrade very quickly.

It sounds like you need a Table of Contents plugin, heres a list of them:

https://www.sourcewp.com/best-table-of-content-wordpress-plugins/

Derek

Oh nice even better! LOL I knew there was an easier way πŸ˜› Thank you David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ha ha – you’re welcome πŸ™‚

Derek

David,

Sorry to re-open this silly thread but it just so happens I need some Generate Press relevant support in regard to this after all πŸ˜› I’m trying to configure a plug but I need the correct class for Generate Press’s default left sidebar. Upon inspect element (I’m a inspect element noob), I found and tried both #left-siderbar and #inside-left-sidebar, neither did the trick.

“To enable the option to affix or pin the Table of Contents widget enter the theme’s sidebar class or id.
    Since every theme is different, this can not be determined automatically. If you are unsure how to find the sidebar’s class or id, please ask the theme’s support persons.
    Eg: .widget-area or #sidebar”

Thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems.
    The left sidebar ID is: #left-sidebar
    The container inside it would be: #left-sidebar .inside-left-sidebar

Derek

Bummer…neither of those worked πŸ™

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which plugin are you using?

Derek

NVM David I just used their widget. IDK why there is an option for using css for that function in the first place when the widget is available lol. I just assumed there wasn’t a widget because of what I read in the settings.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not a problem!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.