[Support request] Different logo for pages/dimensions/sticky

Home Forums Support [Support request] Different logo for pages/dimensions/sticky

Home Forums Support Different logo for pages/dimensions/sticky

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Yulia

Hi, I got this type of design
    http://snc.smartleads.eu
    On the main logo located on the blue color, so it’s got to be white. On the rest of the pages though it needs to be blue. I wonder is there a solution through the Elements may be?

Also I use Primary Navigation as the Header and thus don’t have ability to set dimensions of the logo, so I added the css. How to configure it for different screens? Plus I got another logo for sticky navigation too. So it must to be configured too somehow, I’m slightly confused to take care of all possible cases. Could you please advise?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use the Header Element – on the Site Header tab you have the option to change the logo.
    I assume the Sticky Navigation colors are identical on all pages? If so you can just set the Sticky Navigation logo and leave it at that.

Yulia

I’ve tried this in the past and found that when I set Logo in the Header Element then 2 logos display eventually.
    Here you can see – the first one is white that’s why is invisible, but check the code and you’ll see there are 2 of them:
    http://snc.smartleads.eu/blog/
    when I set the Merge parameter true it works indeed correct, but in the Blog pages particularly I need a background and not on the entire header area, but only beneath the Menu. So I don’t need to merge the header conceptually. And so I suspect it’s a bug.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s strange – does it still happen if you disable the sticky navigation?

Yulia

Hello, no, this setting changes nothing, the behavior persists.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does it only happen on the Blog? If you only need a different logo on the home page, have you tried setting your Display Rules to the home page only? That way it shouldn’t have any effect on the blog.

The fact that two logos are showing up on the blog is definitely a bug – it seems to only happen when the navigation is set as the header. I’ll get this fixed in GPP 1.9.

Yulia

When I set Merge – it works right, but the thing is I need the background underneath the header and thus I can’t set it Merge.
    Thanks for the support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, it should work without merging – definitely a bug I need to fix. Did adjusting the Display Rules work for you?

Yulia

Display rules? Meaning for different screen sizes? No, the same size of logo on all screens and yes, this is the question- how to make only 1 menu item responsive
    I ended up with the entire hero header background, tried to make it with css, but it’s not enough containers there

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Display Rules – Tom was referring to the Header Element > Display Rules.
    First in your Customzier > Site Identity – set the Blue logo ie. the one for the entire site except the home page.
    Then create the Header Element to swap the Logo for the Home Page only – using the Front Page Display Rule

Yulia

Oh, no no no, these settings are set no problem, thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What we are proposing is instead of switching the White Logo for the Blue Logo on every page except the Home Page is to do it the other way around.
    ie. Have the Blue Logo as the default logo for the entire site in the Customizer. And then switch the home page logo using the Header Element

Yulia

yeah, thought about it, though it’s not that crucial as Blog also got white logo now.
    What interests me is that background Title feature and alternative logo(without Merge setting), waiting for the implementation, the rest is resolved for now. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GP Premium 1.9.0-alpha.1 is available for testing. It has a fix for this issue: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/gp-premium-1-9-0-available-for-testing/

Let me know if you’re able to give it a try 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.