[Resolved] different headings on the same line + preformatted

Home Forums Support [Resolved] different headings on the same line + preformatted

Home Forums Support different headings on the same line + preformatted

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cathy Koperek

I’m sure there’s a simple css fix.

I’d like to start my page off with a quote – a big and bold h1. And, just after that, I’d like to use a smaller heading (h3, or even h4) for the attribution.

Every time I try to change the author’s name to a smaller heading, the entire line changes, not just the section I highlighted.

I found a partial solution through the forums here as to how to add h4, h5 and h6, so I’m guessing adding some specific css to that page should help me. What do I add if I want to italicize either the quote or the attirbution? What size is h1 (18pt? 20?)?

And, can you tell me what the preformatted option does?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Cathy,

– Make sure that you close every tag you use: <h1></h1>, or you can try the visual editor.

– We can style h4, h5 and h6 however you want. Let me know what you have in mind.

– This is the property for italic: font-style: italic;. If you can link me to the page and let me know what you want to format I can give you the full CSS.

– Is this what you are referring to? https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_pre.asp

Let me know.

Cathy Koperek

Hey Leo,

I’m a dweeb, so visual editor is my go-to. I did try editing it through the text editor, but had the same results – only one heading style per line. What I’m trying to do is to have the quote in h1, and the author’s name in h4, all on the same line.

I am just getting started with this blog, so still playing with heading fonts and colors. I’m setting up my home page with sections, and wanted this quote to set the tone for the blog. Haven’t figured out background colors, and haven’t posted images yet.

Love knowing that with Simple CSS, I can adjust these headings on each page.

http://apatientlife.com/

Any help/insight is appreciated…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this CSS:

.site-content h1,
    .site-content h4 {
        display: inline;
    }
    Cathy Koperek

Sorry for the delay in saying

THANK YOU!

P.S. I’ll be back…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.