[Resolved] Different font size in posts and on the front page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different font size in posts and on the front page

Home Forums Support Different font size in posts and on the front page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ole Grosen

In the Content Typography I have set H1 to 54 px. The title shows up in this size within the post itself.
    BUT: On the front page (where a couple of posts are shown) the headline becomes very small.
    What should I do to make headlines a certain big size, so it shows up the same way on both the main page and in the post itself?
    Regards
    Ole
    PS: The site is mandensmanual.dk and the example post is Test-titel

Ole Grosen

PS:
    On the frontpage the line break between body font and body font in bold in the first line is also missing. How to fix this?

Ole Grosen

PPS: Another problem with typography: If I try to change a line in the content text to H2 or another headline font, all the text in the content box is changede. I cannot find a way to do this: Either all the text gets a headline-font or it can only have the normal paragraph-font.
    What is happening? Is the orginal font tool overriding the one of Generatepress og vice versa? I really don’t get this. This should work out of the box in my opinion.
    Can you help, please?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. The titles on your blog page are H2 tags – it’s bad SEO practice to have more than one H1 on a page, which is why blogs should always have H2 titles.

2. I’m not too sure what you mean?

3. If you’re highlighting text to set it to an H2, and it’s making everything an H2, then you need to make sure you’re separating your lines completely. Go into the “Text” tab, and make sure there’s an empty line between all of your paragraphs and paragraphs/title. This may also fix #2.

Let me know if this helps or not πŸ™‚

Ole Grosen

Hi Tom.
    An empty line between headline and normal text does not solve the problem. I translated from Danish to the English sub-headline, which I’ve tagged as H3 and put into the text on two different positions, but neither line breaks or H3-formatting shows up when I update the page.
    Thanks for the SEO-tip, but this is only a post for test purposes. Real posts will get the full treatment.
    My basic problem is this: If you look at the frontpage (at the root of the site where a couple of posts can be seen in one view), the headlines look pretty small. If you click one of them (so that the specific post occupies the space), the headline looks quite bigger – and in the font size i want. I can’t get the bigger font size on the front page. Maybe I don’t understand some basics about how WP shows the posts.
    Should it be possible to change the font size in the title box?
    Can this be solved?
    Thanks
    Ole

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

To change the size of the blog post title on the blog, you can change the H2 size in your Customizer. You can either change it to the same size as your H1 tags, or make it a bit smaller.

As for the empty line thing – here’s an example:

Maybe I’m not understanding the issue?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Ole Grosen

Nope, doesn’t work.
    The Customizer – is that in the Genereatepress dashboard – or in the standard WP dashboard?
    Ole

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What doesn’t work?

I’m assuming you used the customizer to change the size of your H1? It’s in “Appearance > Customizer”.

Ole Grosen

If I can’t work this out it is not possible to format text in the content box. This shouldn’t be the way it’s supposed to be, I think.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m confused – which part are you not finding possible? Changing the H2 size or separating your H3 titles from your paragraph content?

The WordPress editor definitely isn’t perfect, but it’s definitely possible to format your text any way you like (GP doesn’t do anything to the editor, it’s all WP).

Ole Grosen

I have to do some more experiments – I’ll be back later.
    Regards
    Ole

Ole Grosen

Everything works just fine now. After a day of fiddling with the site I don’t know why it works perfectly now. But it does – the power may certainly be strong within you, Tom πŸ™‚
    Thanks for your time and patience,
    Ole

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.