[Resolved] Different content padding in home

Home Forums Support Different content padding in home

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rodrigo

Hello Tom,

I have changed content padding to 80, 40, 160, 40 pixels so content can breathe on single pages and posts. However, in frontpage, I would like to have no padding at all.

I tried several CSS snippets but can’t find the exact property to modify. To what refers Customizer’s Content Padding and what would be the proper class for home (frontpage) only?

Thanks in advance

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use the Page Builder container meta box – the Contained or Fullwidth options remove the padding.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Rodrigo

Thank you David,

It worked perfectly! God, I love GP…

I am seeing now that a bottom border I had implemented on my main navigation is gone. I deactivated the layout recently created but still is missing.

I have this code which was working before:

.main-navigation {
    border-bottom: 6px solid #e90189;
    }

Do you know what’s been creating the issue?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That CSS should still work but I’m not seeing it being added.

Can you double check?

Rodrigo

Okay… this is weird.

I’m using a GP child theme and jumping between Customizer’s Aditional CSS and Tom’s Simple CSS. I’m doing this so I can see live changes and then to have a file to copy into the CSS stylesheet of my child theme.

If I put the code into Aditional CSS it works, but not with Simple CSS. So I deactivated the plugin and going to stay just with Simple CSS, in order to copy later to the CSS stylesheet.

Seems it’s working now…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Both methods should work but I would recommend keeping them all in one place so it’s easier to manage 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.