[Resolved] Difference Between Posts and Pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Difference Between Posts and Pages

Home Forums Support Difference Between Posts and Pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stuart

Is there any essential difference between a page and a post? If I remove the time and date stamp from my posts and from their URL’s (which I have done), and the only links to them on the site are manually entered menu links, is there any difference in functionality between this and a page? Also, is there any difference for search engine optimization?

I have a lot of short to medium posts that I am entering individually on my site, which are not time sensitive at all, and I am wondering if I should be doing these as pages or posts, or if it even matters one way or the other.

Thanks,
    Stuart

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you remove all the post meta and there is no index/blog/archive pages listing the posts then fundamentally no difference between them and a static page.

Stuart

“if you remove all the post meta”

Do you mean the automatic entry of the date, time, and author info?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Stuart

My main concern was that posts and pages would be recognized equally in regard to search engine indexing and also site navigation. But it seems in that regard they do not differ (correct me if I am wrong). Functionally, the two seem to behave the same on my end.

Thanks,
    Stuart

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.