[Resolved] Desktop and Mobile Versions of Articles

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Desktop and Mobile Versions of Articles

Home Forums Support Desktop and Mobile Versions of Articles

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    William

Hello

I have created an article that has images and text in it.

On desktop it looks fine with e.g. 4 images in a line within a grid (in separate containers), but when I preview in Mobile all the images are now stacked on top of each other. I can’t seem to change it only in Mobile view so that the layout isn’t messed up.

Is there a way to customise mobile-view without affecting desktop/tablet view?

Thanks

Will

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know 🙂

William

Hi,

I have put the page below, I think you should be able to view it. You can see the four images in a row which get squashed in when viewing on a mobile.

Thank you

Will

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

did you resolve the issue ? As i see 2 colums on mobile ?

William

Hi David,

Not really – I made changes to the desktop version that meant it looked better on mobile, but I would still like to be able to independently arrange the mobile version. E.g. use different photos for mobile that fit the screen better, maybe?

If I increase the photo size on mobile, the change also happens in desktop.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Am i looking at the right thing?

2022-07-01_15-45-25

William

Yes – So for example if I make the lifespan photo smaller, it will become smaller on the desktop view as well.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah ok … sorry being a little dense lol

If you have GenerateBlocks 1.5 installed ( latest version ). The there is a GB Image Block. If you use that instead of the core one then you can resize the images for Tablet and Mobile.

I recommend you select the Medium attachment size for desktop, and then use the width / height fields to resize on mobile.

William

Hi

What do you mean by GB Image Block sorry – is that a plugin?

Matthias

I think David means the plugin generateblocks – which has (i think) 6 blocks – one of them is an image block. It was currently added and has more options then the “normal” image block coming with wordpress.

btw – i had a similar problem with a grid in desktop vs mobile – i solved it by creating 2 containers – one shown on desktop+tablet – the other on mobile.

William

That solution looks like it could work, is there an example page showing how to add CSS to a specific container? Thank you

I see in your description that it could be annoying having two containers where only one would show depending on what device you are using

It would still be preferable to have the ability to edit a picture/container size depending on what it will be viewed in though…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

William, you are using the GenerateBlocks plugin to create that grid.
    In the latest version we added an Image Block:

https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/image-overview/

That comes with responsive controls

William

OK thank you I am going to play about with this and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know how you get on!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.