[Resolved] designing headings

Home Forums Support [Resolved] designing headings

Home Forums Support designing headings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Russell

Hi Tom,

With every blog* I post I will have the following three levels of title:
    1) main title (main point)
    2) sub-title (supporting point)
    3) sub-sub-title (brief connecting the dots)

I want to ensure that I’m using h1-h6 within established wordpress rulesets. To that end I came across this article. In it, they are very specific on how and when to use h1-h6. Can you confirm what assignments generatepress them assigns to h1-h6?

Also, I’d like to design a specific heading that is similar to the bluebook outline found at this site. Even down to the level where the heading acts a template where type in <hx> and it spits out default title/text “My Take:” in the font color of my choice. The use case I’m designing is that as I write I type in <hx> knowing that the colored box & the default title/text will all come together as I finish typing my comment and close with the <hx> tag.

Am I tracking accurately? Is creating a heading tag <hx> that has default text and shaded box doable?

thanks for you help,
    Russ

p.s. the bigfoot footnote situation you helped me with is working perfectly. I’m able to place popups throughout the site and in posts at will. Thanks again

*I’ll be writing on how machine learning is changing the definition of power. Mainly about how power, the ability to make one’s way in the world required leverage, and primarily for institutions, is being redefined by machine learning used by front-line individuals. Hence a lot of context is needed for each blog to help the wide-ranging audience come into the context of the blog.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You should be able to target headings in GP with the regular selectors:

h1 {

}

h2 {

} 

etc..

I’m not too sure what you mean by the bluebook outline? The blue box on that site is just a custom element with some CSS attached to it. The text etc.. is added manually.

Russell

Thanks Tom. ‘bluebook’ should have been ‘blue box’. Being very new to website building, I didn’t know if there was a way to automate the text portion. So I thought I asked. manual works.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Russell

Tom,
    When I add
    h4 {
    background-color: lightblue;
    }

I get the background and the color I seek. No how do I get it to show only in the body of the blog itself? and not in the other areas (like the sidebar) where heading 4 is used?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try this:

.inside-article h4 {

}
    Russell

That works! Thanks for holding space for me!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.