[Resolved] Design with a Page builder or with a long list of smaller plugins?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Design with a Page builder or with a long list of smaller plugins?

Home Forums Support Design with a Page builder or with a long list of smaller plugins?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    blackbird

Hi can someone help me clear my mind on this: Everyone seems to love Elementor, but I am still a bit skeptic to Page builders. But if I want to achieve something similar on a page I will need to use sections and then add a long list of other plugins, like “WP SHow post”, “Content aware sidebars”, “Lightweight grid column”, “Widget shortcode”, “Meta slider”, “Code snippets” (for hooks) and so on.
    Will all those in fact be a much heavier solution than just the one plugin Elementor??

I want to be able to have control over the design, but I also want it to score well in page ranking, speed etc. and not generate to much javascript, css and so on. Is one big plugin better than many small…? I don´t know which road to choose…

Paul

Honestly, I think it depends on what you want to achieve and what skills you have. I’m also a little skeptical about page builders, but I do believe they have a place. They can speed up the design process, reduce the need to make changes to theme files, and be more user-friendly to non-technical clients.

One common misconception about plugins is that the more you have, the slower your site will get. You could have a site with 20+ well designed plugins running fine, or you could have a site with 5 plugins and have major issues if one of those plugins is a resource hog.

I gave Elementor Pro a try a few days ago, but I found it wasn’t for me. That doesn’t mean it’s no good – I’ve seem people do great things with it.

Give Elementor or some of the other page builder a try, and see if it meets your needs – most are either free, or have 30 day money back guarantees 🙂

blackbird

Thanks for your reply!
    Yes try and error is the only way I guess, but it takes hours, days and weeks to make a final decision… and I am thinking maybe everyone else knows a big page builder is the only “modern” way to go…?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah. Best to test it out yourself.

Having too many plugins isn’t an issue as long as they’re well coded 🙂

blackbird

I mark this as solved. And wait for what comes next with Gutenberg…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.