[Support request] Delay JavaScript Execution – Links on blog posts on mobile needs double tap

Home Forums Support [Support request] Delay JavaScript Execution – Links on blog posts on mobile needs double tap

Home Forums Support Delay JavaScript Execution – Links on blog posts on mobile needs double tap

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Korhan

Hi, when I activate Delay JavaScript Execution on WPRocket my mobile menu needs a double click (fixed it reading solutions here) but more interestingly, on my blog posts, on mobile, I need to tap the links 2 times for them to work.

example: when the page loads the first time on mobile, if you only scroll and click a link, it doesn’t work the first time.

Is there a js file name that I can put inside the Excluded JavaScript Files section?

I have tried the below but the links still need a double click.

/wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/js/menu.min.js
    /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/menu-plus/functions/js/offside.min.js
    /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/menu-plus/functions/js/sticky.min.js
    /wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/js/back-to-top.min.js
    /wp-content/themes/generatepress/assets/js/classList.min.js

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Korhan,

I’ve tested the site on an Android – Chrome device and it seems to be working fine.

Can you share the device you’re testing this on? Is it an iOS device?

You can try wildcard exclusion to exclude all scripts from /wp-content/themes/generatepress/ and /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/ and see if that works.

Korhan

hi, yes I am having this issue on IOS phones with both safari and chrome browsers.

unfortunately the wildcard exclusions didn’t work.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

aside from the smooth scroll script – GP doesn’t run any scripts that affect clickable elements outside of the navigation.
    If i check your site for event listeners which are most likely the problem i see many related to Google Analytics.

I would suggest talking to WP Rocket as they should be better positioned to pin point the problem as i don’t think its theme related. Let us know what they say.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.