[Resolved] Default Layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Default Layout

Home Forums Support Default Layout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Hi

I’ve just installed GeneratePress and am getting to grips with it. I have a quick question, when I install the theme and activate it for the first time it doesn’t look the same as the theme preview. Am I doing something wrong or is the theme preview created after it is installed? Default Layout My installation I really picked GeneratePress based on the theme demo.

What am I doing wrong? It’s a clean install after picking a generic theme on Godaddy.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The theme demo was created with the options to showcase them, although not a lot was done.

1. The header has a logo uploaded (Customize > Site Identity) and the navigation set to float right (Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation).

2. The feature section there is using the Page Header add-on. If you’re viewing the blog, you’d create it in “Customize > Blog”. If you’re using a static page (which it looks like you are), you would create it using the Page Header metabox while editing that page: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/generate-page-header/

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Gary

Awesome, thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.