[Resolved] Deactivating GP Premium fixes menu and loses Elements/ Page Hero

Home Forums Support Deactivating GP Premium fixes menu and loses Elements/ Page Hero

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    marianne

HI!
    WP is 5.3.2, Theme is 2.4.2 and GP is 1.9.1

Problem is that my primary nav won’t show up on any browser, I have gone through the forum, and the location is set correctly, I want it below the Page Hero, other than the display code below, everything appears to be fine.

Is this css code correct? n.main- and ndisplay:block correct in the following code:
    ===============================\n\tHOME PAGE HEADER\n=============================== *\/\n\/* home hero headline *\/\n.hero-h1MV {\n\tfont-size: 50px;\n\tcolor:#eef1f6;\n\tline-height: 1.3em;\n\ttext-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(20, 20, 20, 0.4);\n}\n\/* home hero sub headline *\/\n.hero-textMV {\n\tfont-size: 30px;\n\tcolor:#eef1f6;\n\ttext-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(20, 20, 20, 0.4);\n}\n.main-navigation{\ndisplay: block;\n}”,”transport”:”postMessage”,”dirty”:false,”type”:”custom_css”};

If not where do I go to fix it?

If it is, then disactivating the GP plugin, fixes the main navigation menu but of course loses the elements and the page-hero. I like the elements functionality so please help me fix this problem.

If I reactivate the GP plugin, where can I look for the problem?

I have temp turned off the WP Maintenance app so that I can provide a url. The bg of the menu is #cc0202 so I can search in CSS, and of course will be corrected.

Hopefully I have given you the right information so this is an easy troubleshoot for the team at GP.

M

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you have any other Elements added to the site such as Hook or Layout elements?

marianne

Hello David
    Yes I have two, and I am a newbie with using Elements so baby steps please. I have two, they are Page Hero and one I don’t think I created “Disable Elements Title on home page”.

M

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. Enable the Elements module.
    2. In the Elements list click Quick Edit on each of the elements, and change their Status to Draft. This will disable them.
    3. Check the site if it the Menu is still working.

If the menu is working then we know its one of the Elements.

So, enable one element at a time, by editing and publishing the element and check which one breaks the menu.

Let me know

marianne

Hi David,
    Thanks, the one that broke the menu was the one I don’t know where it came from and don’t need, “Disable Elements Title on home page” Putting it on draft fixed the menu problem. Can you shed any light on how it got created, is it generated by the system as a result of some check box settings I did?

Thanks for the prompt Excellent support, and the lesson that was a great troubleshooting exercise. Also, the search engine on the forum is awesome to find issues.

cheers,
    Marianne

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that 🙂

Did you import a Site from our Site Library ? As that may have included those Elements.

marianne

ok thanks, I did I am using Generate Press 2.4.2 and was playing with Wordsmith. Thanks for everything.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.