[Resolved] Date and Layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Date and Layout

Home Forums Support Date and Layout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jessica Spangenberg

Hello, I need your help.
    My first problem is the date when posting on the post page. I do not want to show that.

Then I would like show the posts like how: Your last contributions . Not as a list but with a picture.

Thanks for your help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. in Dashboard > Appearance > Elements look for the Header Element assigned to your Posts. Edit that within you will see the HTML line for displaying the post date. remove that.

2. Create a new page called Blog, in Dashboard > Settings > Reading – set that Page to display your recent posts. Then all your posts will be display with images, you can style the blog in Customizer > Layout > Blog.

Jessica Spangenberg

Hey David, my first problem is solved. Thanks for that.
    But my next problem isnt it.
    I would like to have my posts displayed on a normal page – not on a blog page. The blog page then shows only posts and can not be designed with other elements of a normal page. Also, if I do it as you suggest, then I will not get the title of the page again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The WP Show Posts plugin is great for creating lists of posts to be displayed on any page:

https://wpshowposts.com

The free version will probably do what you need.

Jessica Spangenberg

Okay, i fix it ๐Ÿ™‚
    again to my first problem – i see the title on my pages. (i hope it is the last question) On the blog it works. But on the pages it doesnt work. When i delete it from the site Hero: <h1> {{post_title}}</h1> – the completly Header goes away.

can you recommend me a gallery plugin?

??? I hope you understand my bad english – it needs improving

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the Header Element has to contain some content for the Hero to display. e.g

<h1>{{post_title}}</h1>

or

<h1>My title</h1>

If you only want an image to display and no content then you can add a HTML comment:

<!-- Featured Image only -->

Galleries for the Block Editor, i haven’t tried this but it gets good reviews:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-gallery/

Jessica Spangenberg

Thank you so much, David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.