[Support request] Database change for Featured images on/off for each past post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Database change for Featured images on/off for each past post

Home Forums Support Database change for Featured images on/off for each past post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    supazena

Hi,

For now, I set no featured images (for posts) in general customize settings.
    So for all our posts, featured images was add manually into posts.

We’ll change your setting to enable “Display featured images”
    Result : we will have featured image duplication into each past post.

My idea :
    – use the disable command present in each post to disable featured image
    – then enable featured image in post in general customize setting for futur posts

To make this, use a mysql command to disable featured image into all post, one by one.

My question :
    – do you think it’s the best solution to reach my goal ?
    – can you help me for this specifique mysql command ?

Regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Just to confirm, are you looking for a way to bulk-remove the existing featured images you’ve added into your content?

Let me know 🙂

supazena

Hi Tom,
    In fact no, because users added image manually into content (usually the same image as the featured image) an very often between some text paragraph.

Do you think it will be possible with a mysql query. It would mean deleting an tag in the content if the image is the same as the featured image

Actually, theme general settings set with no featured image into blog post thats why users add it manually .
    Goal : put this setting enable but then I will have featured image duplicated (one from theme setting + one added manually)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So you’re wanting to use the featured image option, but all of your posts have the featured image added directly into the content?

I’m not sure of a mysql way to remove those, unfortunately. I’m not even sure if it would be possible to remove only those images and not all of the images in the content.

supazena

the idea was to make a mysql query to enable the option “disable featured img” present in each post (into layout/disable elements) before enable featured image in global theme setting.

Bad idea ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So doing that would disable the featured image on all existing posts, while new posts would use the featured image?

Is that right?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.