[Resolved] Customizing Site Library Theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizing Site Library Theme

Home Forums Support Customizing Site Library Theme

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Devesh

Hi

Is there any way to edit “Marketer theme” from Site Library.

I want to change the orange color of right sidebar, but there seems to be no way to change it. Also, if I remove it, it adds archives and search widgets which I dont even want. Also, dont want to show this sidebar in the pages and only keep it for posts.

Would also like to know if there is any way to go back to my earlier theme settings, which i had in place, before changing to the new Marketer theme. I have taken the back up json file, , before applying Marketer theme. Can it be re-set again using the same file. Pls let me know the process.

Kindly reply on urgent basis.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. In the Customizer > Additional CSS look for this:

.sidebar .widget:first-child {
        background-color: #e86000;
        color: #fff;
    }

Remove it or change the color.

2. To revert to your old settings then
    a. remove all of the additional CSS from the Customizer
    b. Import your old settings into the theme.

There may be some content such as menus, as well as plugins that were installed with Marketer that you will want to remove as well.

Devesh

Hi,

1. What is the procedure for importing the old settings back?

Also, with current settings
    2. Is there any way to remove archives and search bar which appears immediately when you delete the recent posts widget? This is even if i delete all additional css.
    I tried removing them from appearance-widgets but it does not work

3. Can i reduce the width of right side bar.

I want to set the container somewhere in the middle, similar to this site
    I tried increasing the space on the left of container-through below css, but this only reduces the container size but does not reduce right sidebar width, which I want

@media
    (min-width: 755px) {
    .grid-container {
    margin-left: 60px;
    }
    }

4. In the Home page, how can i keep the container in the middle without the sidebar

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Which old settings?

2. When no widgets exist in the sidebar, GP will show the search and archives as placeholders. If you don’t want to add your own widgets, you can just remove the sidebar completely: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-layout/

3. You can reduce the sidebar width in the Customizer: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-widths/

If you remove the sidebar, the container will be centered by default. Then you can adjust the container width in the Customizer.

Devesh

Hi Tom,

1. The old settings I refer to was before applying “Marketer Theme” from site library. Please refer original question

2. The problem I have is when I am removing the sidebar by setting Content only (no sidebars), it expands the conatainer to the whole webpage. But i dont want to expand the container width. I just dont want any sidebar widgets and the container in the middle.
    Trying to have the look of website like this

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. A backup file was downloaded when you clicked “Backup Options” before you imported the site. This file can be imported in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

However, that file is only for the Customizer options. Things like content, menus, widgets etc.. that were imported during the site import would need to be manually removed: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/removing-imported-site/

That’s why we suggest you only install sites on fresh installs, which makes it easy to revert the installation: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-site-library/

2. To do that, I would set the sidebar layout to “No Sidebars”, and then add this CSS:

.no-sidebar #main {
        max-width: 800px;
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
    }
    Devesh

That worked great! Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.