[Resolved] Customizer view different than actual page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizer view different than actual page

Home Forums Support Customizer view different than actual page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi, I’ve built several sites with Elementor and GeneratePress. I’m running into an issue I’ve never seen before.

Please take a look at this screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rt3hq1g9fvym5w/2019-09-17-01.jpg?dl=0

The Customizer displays the primary navigation in the proper default font, full width, and a logo, as intended. But the public-face pages display a different font with a contained width, and not logo.

I have disabled all plugins except GP Premium and cleared both the browser and plugin caches. When I switch to a default theme, the issue goes away. When I switch back to GP, the issue reappears.

What could be going on?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

99% of the time this is a caching issue of some sort.

Switching to the default theme won’t work as the header and navigation are GP elements.

Are you using a child theme?

Michael

Hi Leo, there is no child theme in this case.

If it is caching-related, it would have to be a very sticky one at the server level (SiteGround in this case). I can replicate this issue on every browser I have.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Server cache is the one I’m referring to ๐Ÿ™‚

Can you check with your host?

Michael

Siteground did have a “static cache” enabled by default. It’s now been cleared and disabled. However, the issue is exactly the same as before.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s really strange. We haven’t had reports on this and I assume your other sites don’t have this issue either?

Must be something specific to this site.

Any custom functions or anything else?

Michael

Agreed, strange. I uninstalled, then re-installed GP Premium – no change. There’s no custom CSS, no custom functions, we’ve already eliminated other plugins, and tested with the default theme (which DOES correct the issue). So, it seems to get down to the core GeneratePress theme. I’m running out of ideas. Reinstall the theme?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Don’t think that’d work but probably worth a shot.

So this is what I am seeing:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/xi2vFHQXzD

The couple of things that have been changed from a fresh install is the navigation location/typography and search has been activated.

So the customizer used to work, and then it stopped working?

Michael

Yes, your screenshot is correct for public facing pages. But the Customizer shows this, with a different font, layout, and logo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/52fld6h3t2bh4te/2019-09-17-02.jpg?dl=0

Michael

Yes, when I configured this site for the client, the Customizer worked as expected. Then, the client touched it . . . is it possible they somehow corrupted things? Not even sure how one could do that. I’ve never had any trouble with GP. It’s always been excellent, lightweight, and fast. Elementor has been solid too. It’s mainstream now, and has become my favorite builder. GP and Elementor work well together.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What if you deactivate all plugins including GP Premium?

Does the customizer work?

Michael

Hi Leo,

If all the plugins, including GP Premium, are disabled, the Customizer does NOT work as expected. Changing something basic, like the background color of the primary navigation, is not reflected on the front end.

I read a couple of posts on this issue, there’s plenty of memory, I’ve reinstalled WordPress and the theme, disabled all the plugins, confirmed the site and WordPress URLs match, changed browsers, and generally gone through all the obvious troubleshooting steps that I’m aware of. This site’s Customizer is just dead in the water.

What do you suggest at this point?

Michael

By the way, I’m reaching out to SiteGround (the host) to troubleshoot, check the log file, etc. I have an almost identical site at SiteGround built with GP Premium + Elementor. Works fine. Beginning to think this is some type of deep corruption specific to new.paradisecccs.org.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s a good idea.

I’ve forwarded this to Tom as well and see if he can think of anything ๐Ÿ™‚

Michael

Thank you, much appreciated!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.