[Support request] Customizer spacing not applying to content on pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Customizer spacing not applying to content on pages

Home Forums Support Customizer spacing not applying to content on pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Francesca

Hi GP team,

I am using GP Premium (spacing element enabled), GB Blocks and the “health” starter site.

What is the best practice to set the spacing (such as margin and padding) for content within pages on my website in one central location so it is consistent across all regular content pages?

I assumed it should be done via Customizer / Layout / Spacing however the spacing set here is not affecting the content on the front end of my site even after I have manually removed the spacing that was preset at the block level in the health site starter pages.

(Incidentally, why would starter sites use a block level approach to setting spacing in the first place when this would not seem to be best practice?)

Please see the following test page here:
    https://www.mindfreetherapy.com.au/services/anxiety/

I have entered an admin login here so you can check this in the backend.

Thanks in advance for your help. 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Themes spacing controls only apply to the theme templates and its template parts.
    eg. the Site Header or Main Container or Sidebar Widget Padding.

Anything within your content does not get affected by the themes padding.

As a general rule you should only build content with Container Blocks where block level spacing can be applied if:

a) you require a Full Width page
    b) a visible style change is required
    c) to provide section breaks to the page

In your example URL you don’t need to add Container Blocks for a stack of theme style headings and text.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.