[Resolved] Customizer Hidden CSS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizer Hidden CSS

Home Forums Support Customizer Hidden CSS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marc

Hello,
    I’m seem to have an issue where my web inspector tells me there is css code in the customizer when there is none.
    I emptied the cash to no avail…
    I’m working on a staging site, on a child theme. The css in the child theme’s style.css is getting overridden by the “ghost” customizer css…

any ideas?

regards
    Marc

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What is the CSS you are referring to?

I’m not seeing any indication of there should be CSS in the Additional CSS field.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Marc

Thanx for the quick reply Leo,

On the main page, at the bottom of the sidebar, if you target the items in the lists with borders underneath.
    In the attached image, I’m targeting Astronettes… The problem css is #category-posts-3-internal .cat-post-item
    The safari web inspector reports that it comes from pfl_testsite:131
    The firefox web inspector says that it comes from inline:26

Ghost CSS

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried disabling all plugins to test if it’s coming from a plugin?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Marc

Yes of course, same behaviour.
    It looks as though some of the css code that I deleted from the customizer’s “Additional CSS” window got stuck somewhere and I cannot access it anymore. If I change the code directly in the customizer’s “Additional CSS” window, it overrides the “ghost code”.
    This might help:
    – I started by testing the free theme.
    – Satisfied by the possibilities, I extracted a child theme with Child Theme configurator.
    – I got stuck trying to resize the gap between the content and the sidebar so I decided to buy the pro version of the theme.
    – I continued customizing using the pro options and the customizer’s “Additional CSS” window.
    – Once satisfied with the results, and mainly because I was tired of going back and forth with the customizer, I copied all the code in the customizer’s “Additional CSS” window and pasted it in the child theme’s style.css. I then deleted what was in the customizer’s “Additional CSS” window.
    – That’s when I noticed a few of my CSS changes did not stick.
    – I tried your generatepress_child theme but got the exact same results except that the style.css file was not taken into account at all.

Marc

OMG I feel bad! I’m using a widget called Category Posts Widget and there is an option to disable built-in CSS. Sure enough, that did the trick.

Sorry about that

Regards

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Glad you’ve figured out!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.