[Resolved] Customizer CSS vs. GB Blocks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizer CSS vs. GB Blocks

Home Forums Support Customizer CSS vs. GB Blocks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi,

If I create a custom class in the customizer say ‘pads-h2-widget-title’ and apply this to a H2 block used a widget title, the CSS applied front-end is taken from the block, not the customizer.

See widget title in the URL linked below.

Is this related to this thread?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/add-custom-css-selector-to-the-button-selector/

I can get the desired result using custom css, I’m just not clear why what I’ve set in the customizer isn’t applied.

Also, maybe not the right place to ask but…if REM is available in the customizer, is it coming to GenerateBlocks too?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Paul,

I’m just not clear why what I’ve set in the customizer isn’t applied.

It is applied, but the settings in GB block overrides it.
    01.08.2022-12.28.33

I would suggest leaving the typography settings in GB block blank, so there’s no risk it overrides the settings in customizer.

Paul

Hi Ying,

Customizer settings for heading elements won’t apply to a GB Headline block. Font weight, size etc. won’t apply even if the Headline block is left as default when creating the widget. CSS will be applied to a Headline added page/post but not where a Headline is part of a widget.

Will REM be added to GB Blocks?

Thanks,
    Paul.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i done a quick demo – see here:

2022-01-09_14-35-04

thats a default setting H2 Headline Block in the Sidebar Widget Area. As you cans see, the only styles applied to are the default customizer theme styles.

Can you check to make sure that there are no styles applied to the GB Headline?
    Worst case, delete the Headline Block and recreate it – just in case an ID got duplicated.

Paul

Hi David,

Deleted the customizer css class and recreated, recreated widget, flushed cache…H2 styling as set in the Customizer is still applied, not the css as set in the custom class. Affects only Headlines used as part of a widget block.

I’ll stick to Simple CSS for the custom class over the customizer so I can specify !important.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Paul

Scratch that, working now using customizer class.

Thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.