[Resolved] Customize sticky menu in page headers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customize sticky menu in page headers

Home Forums Support Customize sticky menu in page headers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Federico

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me. How can I customize sticky menu in page headers? I would like to create differently colored sticky menus for different pages. Is it possible? How can I do it?

thanks a lot in advance for your help.

bye!

GP Premium 1.7.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You will have to use CSS for this with the page ID like this:

.page-id-xx .main-navigation.navigation-stick {
        background-color: #ffffff;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

I should also mention that Page Header module has been replaced with our newest add-on Header Element/Page Hero so itโ€™s definitely a good idea to migrate them over.

See more info here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/moving-hooks-page-headers-to-elements/

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Federico

Hi,

Thanks Leo, I resolved adopting the solution you suggested.

But I have one more question… I noticed that menu navigation colors created in different page headers don’t appear in mobile version of the site. It always appears the default primary navigation customization. How can I create differently colored sticky menus for different pages with page headers ALSO ON MOBILE?

Thank you again for your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not quite sure what you mean?

The CSS I provided should only change on sticky navigation which you aren’t using on mobile.

The current mobile header color is from Customizer > colors > Primary Navigation.

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Federico

I apologize for my english, Leo.

I meant that different colors of different page headers’ menu navigation are not visible on mobile, but only on desktop.

Examples:

menu navigation of page header 1 is red on desktop, but is black on mobile (instead I wish it was red)

menu navigation of page header 2 is green on desktop, but is black on mobile (instead I wish it was green)

menu navigation of page header 3 is yellow on desktop, but is black on mobile….and so on.

If I set the current mobile header color from Customizer > colors > Primary Navigation as you suggested, it’ll change in all page headers, while I want different colors for different page headers.

I hope I have explained well.

Thanks a lot again.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

To change the navigation color on mobile for individual page, try CSS like this:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .page-id-xx .main-navigation {
            backgrounc-color: #000;
        }
    }
    Federico

Now all is ok! Thanks a lot Leo for your support.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.