[Resolved] Customize not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customize not working

Home Forums Support Customize not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ged

I just installed GP premium on a new site and when I try to open the Customize page, I get Http Error 500
    If I deactivate GP premium and just try GP, the customizer works ok.
    Can anyone help?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

First thing to try is increasing your PHP memory limit: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/increasing-php-memory-limit/

If that doesn’t work, check your error_log file for any errors. Your hosting can help you find the file if you can’t find it.

Ged

I asked my hosting company to help and they came back with the following error>>>

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function check_capabilities() on a non-object in /home/nissankeysco/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-control.php on line 283 <<<<

I have reverted to a 2017 version of premium on another site and it works fine. Could this be a problem with premium?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s strange – do you have any other plugins activated when testing GP Premium?

What version of WordPress are you using?

Ged

Right now, the only plugin that is active is GP Premium. I spoke to my hosting tech guys and they gave me the error:-
    PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function check_capabilities() on a non-object in /home/nissankeysco/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-control.php on line 283

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What happens if you deactivate all of the GP Premium modules in “Appearance > GeneratePress”?

What version of PHP is your server running?

Ged

If I deactivate GP Premium, and then go to appearance>>>customize it works ok. When I upload GP premium 1.7.7 I get the blank page error http 500

If I use the 2017 version of GP Premium 1.5.6 it works fine

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

With GP Premium activated, can you go into “Appearance > GeneratePress” and deactivate the pro modules? Does the Customizer load once those are deactivated?

Ged

I just reinstalled GP Premium and then went<Appearance>Generate Press. activate plus options and I get same error: ‘This page isn’t working nissankeys.co.uk is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500’

if I deactivate the pro modules it works fine

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you activate each module one by one until it breaks again?

Sorry for the debugging process, just trying to nail down which module is causing the issue for you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Also, can you confirm which version of WordPress you’re using?

Ged

the third down the list – colours when deactivated allows customize to load

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What version of WordPress are you running?

Ged

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s the GP Premium version. What about WordPress itself?

You can check by hovering over the WordPress icon in your Dashboard and clicking “About”: http://prntscr.com/mb8otd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.