[Resolved] Customization settings JSON starter file

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customization settings JSON starter file

Home Forums Support Customization settings JSON starter file

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eliza

Hello lovely humans,

I’ve searched, but maybe I’ve used wrong keywords. I’m trying to see if we can use GeneratePress as our base theme (more of a framework) and create some variations for our clients. So I’ve dived in and tried to use it for upcoming project. I know that for some people point&click is intuitive and easier, but for me it’s faster (and more intuitive ;o)) to adjust some options (like colors) in text file than clicking in Customizer on e.g. colorpicker/paste color/unclick/repeat.

So my question is: Is there any JSON export file that I could use to tweak and import instead of clicking in customizer? This could be especially useful, as I would then expand on it and set for example “action color” that would be set in all action related settings, instead of clicking one by one in customizer.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you go to Appearance > GeneratePress you will find the Export and Import Settings options. Exporting outputs a JSON file which, you could manually edit and then import.

Eliza

Hi David,

yes I know there is Export, but the file only have settings that has been customized. It doesn’t contain a full structure of possible options. Only those that has been changed. I just wanted to know if there is somehow a way to export ALL options, and customize some things in json, and not via Customizer view. It would just speed up some of my workflow, especially at the beginning. Plus it would gave me an overview of what things can be changed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yea, the export option only grabs settings with a value as you said.

If you can add to the exported file though, you can find all of the available options within their defaults.php files in GP and GP Premium.

For example, in the theme: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/2.1.3/inc/defaults.php

Then each GPP module will have defined defaults as well.

As of GPP 1.6.2:

Backgrounds: /backgrounds/functions/functions.php on line 15.
    Blog: /blog/functions/defaults.php
    Colors: Inside theme defaults.php
    Menu Plus: /menu-plus/functions/generate-menu-plus.php on line 23
    Secondary Nav: /secondary-nav/functions/functions.php on line 72
    Spacing: Inside theme defaults.php
    Typography: Inside theme defaults.php
    WooCommerce: /woocommerce/functions/functions.php on line 15

Eliza

defaults.php of course :o) This is exactly what I need. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.