[Resolved] Custom Thumbnail Titles

Home Forums Support Custom Thumbnail Titles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hello,
    On the site, I am using the URL slug as the custom thumbnail title. I don’t want this because it is too long. Is it possible to make the thumbnail title shorter? I want to keep the longer url slug

For example, on my site, I have the area guides and I have the majority of them as a single word, like “New York”. Some of my posts, I have changed the url slug for SEO purposes, like Things to Do in New York. I want to keep the url slug as things to do in new york, but make the title of the thumbnail “New York”

Than kyou

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry how are you setting the URL slug as title?

Let me know 🙂

Mike

Oh sorry, It’s post title not url title

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m having trouble understanding exactly what you mean – can you explain a bit more/post some screenshots?

Let me know 🙂

Mike

Sure. On my main page under the district guides, I have lots of images. Is there a way to make a custom title for those images? Currently the image title is defaulted as the blog post title

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So for example, the first post has this title:

Is that the title you’re trying to change? That looks like the post title (it’s the same on the single post).

Mike

Yup, how to make it say just harajuku without changing the post title

Mike

would it be possible to remove the reference to my post after? Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could make it so the title is whatever you want it to display as, then you can hide the content title on the single post and add the longer one to your content.

I’m not really sure of another way, unfortunately.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.