[Resolved] Custom header hooks plus new page for custom post type

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom header hooks plus new page for custom post type

Home Forums Support Custom header hooks plus new page for custom post type

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Paul

No, that’s the only one.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That sounds strange. If you’d like, you can send me temporary admin login details and I can take a closer look. Just let me know which Element I should be looking at, and which page it should be showing up on.

You can send the details here, just be sure to mention this topic: https://generatepress.com/contact

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Paul

Just sent over. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your “Merged Header” Element doesn’t have the projects page in its exclusions. Can you add that and let me know?

Paul

I tried that when David indicated to do so, still did not work so I switched back to the hook that is currently working. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, I’ve excluded it and the page still has a merged header. Can you try deactivating WP Rocket for now?

Paul

Hi Tom,

Before I deactivated WP Rocket I pulled up the page with no cache https://www.trademarkinteriors.com/projects/?nocache=123 I noticed that the navigation was showing in black where the rest of the site is in white – the hook element was still on and showing so I moved that to draft, the header that was showing was removed. Then I turned off WP Rocket, no change – I kept it off for you to see. Let me know what you think.

Paul

FYI the hook is “Custom Page Hero”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, why not just add the content you currently have in a Hook Element into the Header Element?

It looks like you’re just using the Header Element to merge the header, and then you’re using a Hook Element to add the hero.

Instead, try adding the content and settings (blue background, background image etc..) into the Header Element.

Paul

The header element does not work with or without an image (featured or background), that is the support request – I created the hook as a work around. All the other pages of the site have a custom header but no element points to it, how do they work?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The original Bold site was built with a Custom Blog Hero ( Hook Element ) that was assigned only to the Blog page. This hook element displays the featured image of the very latest post, and was designed solely for use on the blog page.

In addition there was the Merged Header which is applied to all Pages, the Home and Blog ).

In theory you should be able to exclude the Projects Page from the Merged Header.
    Then create a new Header Element specifically for the projects page.

Paul

Hi David,

I played around with it some more… after the merged header exclusion was applied to the page I was able to apply the header hero image!! Just needed to adjust the padding to have it show correctly. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that!

Paul

Me too! Was really odd that even excluding that page in the merged header did not work at first. One follow up question, is there anything wrong with using a hook to produce a similar result?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely nothing wrong with it – the hook just requires you to write some CSS ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.