Happy Halloween! Get 20% off GP Premium with the discount code: HALLOWEEN20

[Resolved] custom css on section

Home Forums Support custom css on section

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Hans Stoll

Dear Tom,
    I would like to customize the layout in a section. The content should only reach half the page.
    I hope you can help me.
    Hans

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Using a plugin like Lightweight Grid Columns would be the easiest method.

Or you can try a flexbox solution similar to this:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/split-header-three-sections/

Let me know 🙂

Hans Stoll

Hi Leo,
    Thank you for the quick answer. I did not get the idea of usig Lightweight Grid Columns but it works exact like I want to.
    hans

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Kelly

Is the Lightweight Grid Columns plugin being supported? WordPress says it’s been over 4 months and see there is very few response to the plugin support section on Worpress.org.

It is not working correctly with 5.2.2. All my column content all now stacked on top of each other instead in columns.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We will likely phase it out now that Gutenberg has decent columns with much better UX.

They should still work on 5.2.2, but it depends on how you’re adding them (in Gutenberg or Classic Editor).

Can you link me to the page?

Kelly

I will send you the link via the support email. Let me know if you need me to set up a user for you.

I understand that Gutenberg has a columns function, but it will be awhile before these legacy sites will be updated to Gutenberg. It’s a bit of a learning curve for general users to go from the classic editor to Gutenberg. I personally find it quite clumsy and frustrating to use.

Kelly

It turns out the Autoptimize plugin was causing the issue with the CSS getting loaded even after deleting cache. I deactivated it and things are working again.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out 🙂

Kelly

I got the Autoptimize and the Grid Columns plugin to work together by turning off the Aggregate CSS-files option in the settings.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome.

Thanks for letting us know!

Kelly

In case you guys might be open to maintaining the Lightweight Grid Columns plugin which I’ve used extensively on a number of websites, I’ve discovered that the same issues happens when using the CSS minify option with the W3 Total Cache plugin as well.

It seems there is something causing the CSS for the your plugin not to be loaded when minify’d.

Thanks for considering.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

LGC won’t be getting improvements with the emergence of Gutenberg columns unfortunately.

Perhaps there is a way to exclude LGC from W3 Total Cache?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.