[Resolved] CSS styling for sticky menu – missing class in the new Elements

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS styling for sticky menu – missing class in the new Elements

Home Forums Support CSS styling for sticky menu – missing class in the new Elements

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ernest

Hello folks!

In legacy Page Headers, there is a CSS class that allowed me to add a bottom border ONLY on the merged header (.generate-combined-header).

Unless I missed it somewhere – is there another class I could use to do the same thing in Elements?

In the included URL you will see the border on .inside-navigation > and I would like to have it ONLY on the pages with merged headers.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The new Header Element allows you to add Element Classes so you can just add a class there and target your CSS at it.

This method should be better as sometimes people don’t want to add border or style to all the headers with .generate-combined-header in it.

Let me know if this helps.

Ernest

Hi Leo – thanks for the quick reply. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but it doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I tested “.generate-combined-header” and “generate-combined-header” in Element Classes – but it doesn’t seem to be showing up. Would it make sense to have another class option within the “Site Header” tab?

Ernest

Update: I see where it’s showing up (my bad). However, it’s located below the menu / nav divs so it doesn’t allow me to add a border in the way I had it set up.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry where was the border added? Below the navigation?

Ernest

The legacy css was on “.generate-combined-header .inside-navigation”

I guess the question I have is – is there a selector that gets activated in the Elements in the body tag maybe ONLY when there is a merged header?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There isn’t a class specifically, but you can do this:

.header-wrap + .page-hero

Ernest

oh interesting! Can you tell me a little more about this implementation?

So rather than “.generate-combined-header .inside-navigation” I would use “.header-wrap + .page-hero .inside-navigation”?

Edit: Just tested that and it didn’t work. I might be doing it wrong.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, if you’re trying to target the navigation when the header is merged, you can do this:

.header-wrap .inside-navigation

Ernest

Perfect! That’s exactly what I was trying to accomplish – thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.