[Support request] CSS Hero won't load

Home Forums Support [Support request] CSS Hero won't load

Home Forums Support CSS Hero won't load

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi,

Chose this plugin as I am non technical and was advised that it is more non-tech user friendly than your recommended SimpleCSS plugin.

I cannot get it to load, however. It appears at the top of my GP page, but clicking the “Customize with CSS Hero” opens the installation progress bar on a page. The install never progresses, however.

The first support response from CSS Hero support (disable plugins, clear cache) did nothing; the second (Cloudflare is the problem) was wrong.

I’m hoping someone at my theme has a solution. I’m using GP Premium 2.2.2 on a subdomain (address in website field below).

Thanks for any suggestions,

Lind

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you check the PHP Version and PHP Memory limit on your server. We recommend 7.x and at least 128meg if not 256meg respectively.

Linda

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for being slow in responding!

Checked with our host server. PHP version is 7.2; limit is 512 but support doubled it to 1024 in case that would help.

Just tried again: interface will not load.

Do you have any other suggestions? The support at CSS Hero has not been at all helpful.

Thanks,

Linda

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m not familiar with their plugin, unfortunately. Are there any recent errors in your error_log file? Your host should be able to find/read the file if you’re not able to.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Linda

Thanks, Tom. I’ll contact our host and check this out. Once I have, I’ll get back to you.

Appreciate you trying to help!

Linda

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good πŸ™‚

Linda

Hi again, Tom,

Okay. Just off the phone with our host’s support. They found the error, but can’t figure out why it is occurring. I’ll paste the log here so you can see it, in case it suggests something to you. We tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

/wp-content/uploads/no-css-saved-yet.css?ver=5.1.1:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
    jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    p.csshero.org/production-v3/heroes-loader-v3.php?version=3.42&key=93fbcb8cf63608be98f1ae168aa4d4de3d1&theme=generatepress&thv=2.2.2&plugins=css-hero,woocommerce,wpforms-lite,:3345 Uncaught ReferenceError: stored_extra_gfonts is not defined
        at p.csshero.org/production-v3/heroes-loader-v3.php?version=3.42&key=93fbcb8cf63608be98f1ae168aa4d4de3d1&theme=generatepress&thv=2.2.2&plugins=css-hero,woocommerce,wpforms-lite,:3345
        at dispatch (jquery-3.1.1.min.js:3)
        at q.handle (jquery-3.1.1.min.js:3)
        at c (ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/a2bd7673/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js:1)
        at p (ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/a2bd7673/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js:1)
        at t.simulateStateAfterDeferScriptsActivation (ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/a2bd7673/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js:1)
        at Object.callback (ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/a2bd7673/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js:1)
        at t.run (ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/a2bd7673/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js:1)
        at x (ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/a2bd7673/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js:1)
        at Object.callback (ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/a2bd7673/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js:1)
    new.mygoforthegreen.com/:1 Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://www.csshero.org/production-v3/heroes-event-logger.php?key=93fbcb8cf63608be98f1ae168aa4d4de3d1&event_context=generic&event_name=plugin_load' from origin 'https://new.mygoforthegreen.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
    no-css-saved-yet.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

Realize this is not your problem as it doesn’t look theme-related, but did want to let you know what I’d discovered .. and, hopefully, have another “tech savvy” person’s brain on the case!! πŸ™‚

Linda

P.S. Off to write my review now!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

according to the CSS Hero Knowledgebase, Cloudflare and CSS Hero don’t play nicely:

https://www.csshero.org/knowledge-base/plugin-v3/troubleshooting/cloudflare/

May be worth passing this onto your host to see if they can help with the necessary patches.

Linda

Thanks so much, David. Sorry to be slow in replying: hadn’t checked here, just email.

I’ll check your link (thank you) and go back to my host with this information. Perhaps they can patch, as you suggest. UPDATE: Aha. That’s the link CSS Hero sent me to, asking me to do those things. I replied that all of them were way beyond my technical ability, but maybe not that of our host!

Until that can happen, guess my best bet is to return the plugin while in the 30 day guarantee period. Hopefully, I can try again if it starts to get along with Cloudflare! Or maybe I can do enough with GP Premium I won’t need an idiot-proof CSS plugin! πŸ˜‰

Thanks again,

Linda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you got stuck with any CSS issues then we’re here the help. Those plugins do make it simple for non-CSS coders but theres nothing better than getting to grips with CSS without them. Let us know how you get on.

Linda

Thanks, David. It’s good to know you’ve got my CSS back if I get stuck!

Will let you know how I do to keep you in the loop.

Thank you so much for your patience and willingness to try to help with an issue that really isn’t even yours! It is much appreciated!!

Linda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.