[Resolved] CSS Gone and Won't Save

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS Gone and Won't Save

Home Forums Support CSS Gone and Won't Save

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Marcia

I was making a bunch of minor CSS edits to my website today, checked them out in FireFox, and when I went back to WordPress to make more edits, Custom CSS brought up a disturbingly empty CSS page. I went back to FireFox and saw that several of the changes I had made were not showing up.

I took a chance and clicked on the last CSS revision in the box to the right and up came my CSS. But when I tried to update/save it, the CSS window blanked out again.

Suggestions?

Marcia

Well, I went back and clicked on the last CSS revision again and was able to save it. So it seems I am back in business. But would appreciate any ideas as to why it might have happened to begin with.

Cheers,
    MG

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Custom CSS as the plugin?

If so you might need to check with them.

Glad itโ€™s solved for now though.

Marcia

And then it just happened again! I was changing the padding on one paragraph of text and when I went to save/update the CSS, poof! The CSS page went back to nothing. So I copied and pasted the last CSS revision again.

What is the difference between the Custom CSS plugin and what GP has included? Should I deactivate the plugin and just use the GP CSS?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t know what the differences are but it should both work. Maybe they have a plugin bug?

GP actually doesn’t have its own CSS add-on but here are the ways we suggest: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Simple CSS is my favorite.

Marcia

Gotcha. But when I looked at the Simple CSS plugin via WordPress, it says that although it was last updated 4 months ago, that it is untested with my version of WordPress, which is 4.9.1

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Simple CSS is compatible with WP 4.9.1.

That being said, WP has the Additional CSS control built into the Customizer, so you can always just use that one ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcia

Okay cool. Thanks to you both.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Siong Boon Lim

Hi Tom,

I used to have CSS to customised my website.
    Today I want to edit CSS to hide my header on mobile device.
    I couldn’t locate it.

I have install Simple CSS, but it display a blank page.
    My previous CSS is no where to be seen.

May I know what could have happened?

I was using a child theme.

Thank you for the help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you provide a link to your Site ?

Siong Boon Lim

Hi David,

My website is http://www.pic-control.com.

Another question.
    I spend a lot of time to figure out a way to put a banner image above my main navigation bar.
    The banner looks small now. I would like to expand the banner to have the same width as the navigation bar.
    But was unable to figure out how. I wonder if you can advise me on this as well.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open 2 new topics for each of your questions?

Also please enable us to use right-click so we can debug it easier.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Siong Boon Lim

I have enable the right click.
    Thank you for the help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There is no Simple CSS being added globally to the site, there may be some added on an individual page if you used the Simple CSS meta box.

You do have a Child Theme that does have CSS – would that be what you’re looking for?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.