[Resolved] CSS for manipulating design on all images including featured image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS for manipulating design on all images including featured image

Home Forums Support CSS for manipulating design on all images including featured image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Puneet

Hi
    1. I need to change how my images look in every single post, including featured images. What is the CSS element I should be using? If I use “.entry-content img {}” then it excludes featured images. Same for youtube embeds if possible. I can figure out the shadows and border radius on my own.

2. I am trying to changed the title color of posts in WP Show posts(in sidebar) with CSS and it doesnt changes from the default blue color. If I use “.wp-show-posts-entry-title a {}”then the color changes but leaves a huge line-height which doesnt change with CSS. Any suggestions for that as well please. If I just use “.wp-show-posts-entry-title {}” I am able to change every aspect but not the color.

A screenshot of my single post: https://snipboard.io/uIkVC7.jpg

Thanks,

Puneet

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Puneet,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Puneet

Hi Ying
    Thanks for responding. The required CSS elements on GP premium should be the same for everyone I guess in this case, but here is the link to one of the posts:-

https://geekyfi.com/tv/hawkeye-series-clint-barton-meets-kate-bishop/

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

For #1:

If it’s just for the main content area (excluding sidebar images), try this:

main#main .inside-article img,
    .entry-content img {
        border-radius: 20px !important;
    }

If it’s for the entire content area including sidebar, try this:

#page img {
        border-radius: 20px !important;
    }

The properties are just examples, you can add in your box-shadow and other stylings if you prefer.

For #2: Can you share the exact CSS properties you’ve tried?

This selector should work specifically for the sidebar only –

div#right-sidebar .wp-show-posts-entry-title a {
        color: red;
    }
    /*for WPSP sidebar title hover color */
    div#right-sidebar .wp-show-posts-entry-title:hover a {
        color: pink;
    }

and this shouldn’t adjust the line-height as we didn’t specify it. ๐Ÿ˜€

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Puneet

The first one worked but the one for wp-show-posts in sidebar still adds an awkward line height which doesn’t change even after adding a line-height CSS. But I guess I can live with blue color for now and probably will approach it later. Thanks for prompt support. Really appreciate it. BTW, the youtube tutorials on generateblocks/ generatepress Premium etc. are very helpful and I hope you keep adding them.

Regards,
    Puneet

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not sure I’m seeing the line-height change. Does clearing autoptimize cache and browser cache change how it looks on your end?

Note: It may be the element change from the default h2 to span on WPSP settings. Can you try changing that back to the default?

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.