[Resolved] critical error on this website, When going Appearance>customize

Home Forums Support [Resolved] critical error on this website, When going Appearance>customize

Home Forums Support critical error on this website, When going Appearance>customize

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Imran

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.
    All the functions are okay, just when going to Appearance>customize, it is showing the above message. What should I do?
    I am using the GP Premium, 2.0.3 and
    Read theme.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is this a fresh import?

Can you disable all plugins to eliminate any conflicts?

Let me know 🙂

Imran

Yes, it is fresh installation.

I have disabled and enabled all installed plugins and GP Premium is causing the issues.

What should I do now?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

disable all plugins except for GP Premium. Recheck the error persists.
    If it does then go to Appearance > GeneratePress and disable each of the modules one at a time to see if any of those are the problem. I would begin with the Elements module.

Imran

Thanks for a quick reply Sir.
    when I disabled all the modules at a time, it was working the Appearance>customize. But when I disabled one by one and checking if it works. Unfortunately, it was not working and showing the same problem “There has been a critical error on this website.”

Imran

Again, I have disabled all the modules from Appearance>Generatepress and activated one by one. Here I have got that when I activate Spacing Modules, it was not opening the website at all.

And when I disable the spacing modules and active Typography modules. it shows the issues of “critical error on this website.”

So what should I do now?

Imran

Now when I going to edit (adding logo) from Customize without activating Spacing and Typography modules, it is showing “Looks like something’s gone wrong. Wait a couple seconds, and then try again.”

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check what version of PHP and how much PHP Memory your site is running?
    Quick place to check is in Dashboard > Tools > Site Health >>> Info > Server

Imran

PHP version 7.3.28 (Supports 64bit values)
    PHP time limit 30
    PHP memory limit 40M
    PHP memory limit (only for admin screens) 256M
    Max input time 60
    Upload max filesize 2M
    PHP post max size 8M

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you send us the dashboard access to take a look?

Imran

Sure. Please check.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

My guess here is that your server is running out of PHP memory (regardless of what’s set).

If you check your error_log file on the server, what do the most recent errors say?

Imran

I do not know about error_log. How can I check it? Although I have used some other websites with the same theme before in the same hosting account, but there was no issues at all. Even if I use other themes from Site Library, it is also working except READ.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Speak with your host.
    And ask them to increase:

PHP Time Limit to 1200
    PHP Memory from 40 to 256 – it should be the same as the PHP memory limit (only for admin screens) value.
    Max Input time to 600

And we do recommend using a later version of PHP – 7.4.x would be the best option.

Imran

PHP version 8.0.8 (Supports 64bit values)
    PHP time limit 1200
    PHP memory limit 256M
    Max input time 600

Done.

It’s now working. Taking more time to load the customize options, although it may be for my internet connection. Hope I will check it later.

Thanks for your cordial support Sir, David, Leo & Tom.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.