[Resolved] Creating Private Posts or Pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Creating Private Posts or Pages

Home Forums Support Creating Private Posts or Pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert

We want to be able to create a series of posts but have no link to them on our website. I tried the Public Post Preview plugin, and that works great for a temporary private post. But it expires, and there is no Settings page to set a long window. Also, it is not published, so no comments can be posted.

What we really want is to have a category, so we can make posts to this category, but the category will not show in the right sidebar list of categories.

I suspect this may require some PHP coding. How can this be made to happen.

Alternatively, we could make pages. But they will show up since we show the site contents via the Pages widget. That widget has a field to exclude certain page id’s.

What is a page id? I can’t find it for a page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I believe it’s the same request here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/hide-a-category-from-list-of-categories/

Can you see if his solution works for you as well?

Robert

Actually, that was me on the other post using a different login!
    No, it does not work. At the time I thought it was great, but then by accident I discovered that it expires (Public Post Preview plugin) and so that solution does not work!

Sorry for the confusion on the two accounts. The project is for Alan, but I used my own login this time so the email would come to me — I have two licenses for Generate Press now, because one is for Alan’s Think Global Green website, and the other is for my MOFSA website.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok we will stick with this one then.

Have you checked with the plugin author to see if there is a way to turn the expiry date off?

Robert

The Public Post Preview Configurator plugin allows one to set the expiration time (default 48 hours).
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/public-post-preview-configurator/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for posting the solution!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.