[Support request] Creating Post Page Elementor

Home Forums Support [Support request] Creating Post Page Elementor

Home Forums Support Creating Post Page Elementor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Felix

Hi,

when I create a post page as template under templates it will not work properply as before.
    It crashes when i try to edit it.

So how can I edit the post-page layout instead?
    Everytime I got rejected to the “safe-mode”

greetings

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

do you mean the Elementor Theme templates? If so then you will need to ask their support. If not then let me know.

Felix

You can see that the elementor template is not loaded for the post pages if you check out news.
    It will just load the wordpress settings with the widgets.

Felix

Also why is the H1 Tag did not get the same padding as the box down below?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So did you create a Archive Template in Elementor or did you just try editing the original blog / news page with the Elementor editor?

Felix

No I did not an Archive Template – We used a Single > Page > Post Template. But if I hover over the Edit Elementor on a Post there is no dropdown anymore. Seems like the Post Page is broken or not connected to the Posts anymore.

I created a 404 Page today and this works fine. But the Page Post problem is still not working.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check that the Posts page is still set in Dashboard > Settings > Reading

Felix

Nope there is nothing selected but the page I created is not selectable.

I’ve contacted the elementor support but do not get a reply.

Its still the “the_content” function error from elementor. Either if I try to edit the 404 Page or the Posts page theme.
    Could this be a Theme php error?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try rebuilding permalinks, go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and hit the Save button a couple of times.

Felix

So the problem is still not fixed after the elementor update.

Should I go for this? ->
    Have you or the theme’s developer created a custom WordPress page template for your theme that does not include the_content function? You will need to include the_content in your code to edit it with Elementor, or switch to a different theme, which often solves the problem. First, try switching to a theme like Twenty Seventeen or GeneratePress and see if your problem is solved. If you are a web developer and are developing a theme, add the_content function into the page template’s code. This is the line you need to add: <?php the_content(); ?> If you are not familiar with where to place this code or how to add it to the page, please contact your website developer so it can be implemented properly as we cannot provide full support for that. Please note that adding this code won’t enable the editing of Archive pages and Latest Post pages (these pages have to be edited via the theme builder of Elementor) and it is really simple.

greetings

Felix

quick update:

if I deactivate “Permalink Manager Lite” the Editing Function seems to work atleast without going into the safe-mode.

But the
    northernbitcoin.com/news page is then loaded without elementor.

Does this make any sense to you?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you try the permalink rebuild that i mentioned?
    Ok so permalinks were the issue.

Have you created a Posts (Blog) template for Elmentor?

Felix

Yes both – for english and german language.
    But if I want to edit specific elements it still seems very buggy.

One problem is that the right coloum is stacking up content in a horizontal line. In Elementor-Edit-Mode everything is looking good but live seems an issue with the 66/33 Box layout.

Also I could not get the Postcontent without the padding that it aligns with the H1
    i.e. https://northernbitcoin.com/dirk-stroeerbuys-large-share-package/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would suggest that you flush and disable the Autoptimize and any other caches you’re using when making edits to the page. Try clearing them and see if the issue with the columns etc goes away.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.