[Resolved] Creating home page header from Blog Post Layout element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Creating home page header from Blog Post Layout element

Home Forums Support Creating home page header from Blog Post Layout element

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hi – I hope you can help? I am trying to achieve the header effect as per the home page on this site http://www.ignant.com

I have managed to create a dynamic Blog post header element like the one on the page so featured image in one container and then the post details in the other container with extract and ‘read more’. The problem is that I can’t work out how to get this into a header on the home page. I don’t want the whole post (so WP show posts doesn’t do the trick as it shoes me the post summary pre Blog Post laoutut is applied) – all I want is just the Post Layout header with a read more option.

I’ve been going round in circles for two days and I’ve watched Leo’s excellent videos, but I’m stuck! Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know 🙂

Andrew

Thank you very much Leo – the relevant pages are detailed below and they are from my testing so are a shambles! I haven’t explained it very well but … The home page header effect ideally would look like ignant.com

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

To clarify, will the Front Page/ Home Page of your site be a static page(as it currently is) or will you be turning it into a Blog Page as it is in Ignant, your reference site?

Andrew

Hi Fernando – thanks for getting back to me.

The home page will be a blog page – so the featured post header (with the ‘read more’) and then below will be the posts as per Leo’s GeneratePress – Block Element Content Template Demo. I will then just change the featured header post manually periodically.

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks again

Andrew

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. In Appearance > Customize > Layout > Blog, you can set the “Make first post Featured”.

Then you can create a separate Content Template for the first post. You just need to set it to apply to the first post as such: https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOurmZjn

From here, you can use GenerateBlocks to style the first post’s appearance to your preference.

Andrew

That’s great – Thanks Fernando!

I’ll try that out when I get off work this evening. I’ll mark this topic as resolved and then open up a new one if I get stuck.

Wonderful support as usual!

Regards

Andrew

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Andrew!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.