[Resolved] Creating a traditional sales Landing Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Creating a traditional sales Landing Page

Home Forums Support Creating a traditional sales Landing Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nancy

Hi All,

Loving GeneratePress! Best decision ever to leave StudioPress. I’m using Elementor but find myself using the Elements aspect frequently so I only have to use Elementor for more complicated pages.

This might be a feature request – I’m not seeing a way to make a traditional Landing page. It isn’t a template.

Definite of a Landing Page (since my searches here see it is used loosely):

1. Has a top logo
    2. No menu
    3. Has a content section or sections
    4. No footer widget area
    5. Has footer credits

I can get halfway there with “Disable Elements” and apply that although no Footer Widgets only option. I managed to take out the Primary Menu, Footer (sob including the footer credits).

I have a couple of hooks that are for the entire site such providing a featured image area and a newsletter sign-up above the footer. So right now it looks like I can only accomplish this on a page by page basis.

Is there a better approach? We will have landing page needs often and a template would be more ideal (only thing I miss from StudioPress).

Thanks,
    Nancy

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thanks for the awesome feedback – glad to hear your enjoying GeneratePress πŸ™‚

Sounds like a job for the Layout Element – as it has all of the Disable Element functions built in:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

For the Footer – you can set the footer widgets to 0 – which will allow you to keep the Footer Bar.

The only downside is if you’re using pages, you need to add each page to the display rules….
    You can of course register a custom taxonomy for pages, eg. Landing Page – which could then be used to add / remove the layout element on a page by page basis.

let me know πŸ™‚

Nancy

Thanks David.

I’m already using the Disable Elements function and did figure out how to turn off the footer widgets as well. It is still a two step process because I can’t reach all of the elements since we are using a “before Footer” hook for the entire site to turn off.

This is a page so it’s time consuming to turn off Elements each time if doing more Landing pages and I expect the client to need them.

I’m not familiar with doing taxonomies on pages, I didn’t know they had them. I’ll have to google that one.

I’ll report back.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

By default pages don’t have taxonomies. But you can register you’re own. Try adding this PHP Function to your site:

add_action( 'init', 'element_control_custom_tax' );
    function element_control_custom_tax() {
        register_taxonomy(
            'element-controls',
            array( 'page' ),
            array(
                'label' => __( 'Element Controls' ),
                'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'element-controls' ),
    			'hierarchical'      => true,
    			'show_in_rest' => true,
            )
        );
        register_taxonomy_for_object_type( 'element-controls', 'page' );
        $parent_term = term_exists( 'element-controls', 'element-controls' ); // array is returned if taxonomy is given
    	$parent_term_id = $parent_term['term_id']; // get numeric term id
    	wp_insert_term(
    		'Landing Page', // the term 
    		'element-controls', // the taxonomy
    		array(
    			'description'=> 'This is a landing page', 
    			'slug' => 'landing-page', 
    			'parent'=> $parent_term_id
    		)
    	);
    }

It will register taxonomy for pages called Element Controls with a single term of Landing Page

In your element Display Rules you will be able to chose Page Element Controls > Landing Page.

Now the client simply has to select Element Control > Landing page in the editor to add it πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.