[Resolved] Creating a rotating header

Home Forums Support Creating a rotating header

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    g_younes

I have seen this talked about in here but it wasn’t very helpful. I am not sure if this forum is for something this specific, but here it goes:

I am using a theme from the GP library (Catalyst), it has a header just for the homepage, and another global header that appears on all pages.

I want to change the homepage header to be a rotating header with three rotations. Is this doable through GP? I am considering using a plugin but don’t know how that will turn out as the theme is already complex. The homepage header is of type element, I don’t quite know how to create another ‘element’ that will be filled with the rotating header, and then how to insert it in the code of the theme.

Okay maybe this was super specific and I need professional help, just thought of asking here first, perhaps someone can help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

sounds like the easiest way is to use a Slider Plugin – the shortcode that the plugin will provide can be added either inside a Header Element or using a Hook element.

g_younes

Thank you, that worked. I placed a slider plugin inside my homepage header element. The only problem is that earlier (when the slider wasn’t there) the main menu showed above the home header (the image of the header was in the background of the menu). Now that I changed it, the main menu appears on an independent bar above my header slider. Again this is too specific but I can’t find what I need to change in order to make it work. Any help is appreciated.

g_younes

Okay, I just figured it out. In case it helps anyone, I solved this by going into the element in which I placed the slider, and changed the following:
    site header -> merge with content: merge.
    site header -> offset site header height: 0 px.

That’s it.
    Thank you for your support, great product!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome glad to hear you found the solution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.