[Resolved] Creating a menu in the sidebar with Block element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Creating a menu in the sidebar with Block element

Home Forums Support Creating a menu in the sidebar with Block element

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rekindle

Hi,

I have a custom post type called Self Journals. When the user visits a Self Journal, I’d her to be able to see a list of all Self Journals in the right sidebar. The item in that list that links to the page she’s currently on – I’d like that to be styled differently (like top navigation menus usually show)

It looks like there are two ways to do this:
    1. Create a menu and put that in the right sidebar, but to style this, I’d have to use custom CSS (which I’m trying to minimize)
    2. Use the Block element > Content Template (so much cooler!) but I can’t figure out how to style the link to the current page in that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    p.s. I’ve added a link to the Self Journal archives page. As you can see, it shows the list of all Self Journals. I’d like this very same list to show up in the right sidebar.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the current page link will require some custom JavaScript which is out of the scope of this forum.

If you really need this function, then use the menu and CSS is the easier way to go.

Let me know if you need further assistance ๐Ÿ™‚

Rekindle

Thank you Ying.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.