[Resolved] Creating a "custom taxonomy" and use the Display Rules to display Page Header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Creating a "custom taxonomy" and use the Display Rules to display Page Header

Home Forums Support Creating a "custom taxonomy" and use the Display Rules to display Page Header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Huy

Hi Generatepress team

I want to use Page Headers feature to display a header to some posts automatically. Let me make it clearer

– In my website, there are 3 types of posts with 3 different formats, for example: “Article A”, “Article B”, “Article C”.
    – I create 3 Headers which are “Header A”, “Header B”, “Header C”
    – In order “Header A” to display on the type of “Article A”, I can assign proper taxonomies like Category & Tag for them and set up in the Display Rules, right?
    – However, because I want to use Category and Tag for another purpose, is there anyway to create a “custom taxonomy”, assign for each post, and use the Display Rules to display them?

I don’t know if I am clear enough, hope to receive the support

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thats correct – you can use the Post Category or Post Tag display rule.
    I am not sure i understand the need for the Custom Taxonomy. If each article type has a unique category or tag then why not use that?

Huy

Hi David

Because an article of “Article A” can belong to so many categories, so I can’t use the category and tag.

And I want to create a Custom Taxonomy and I can use the Display Rules with those Custom Taxonomies

I don’t know if have any solutions with this issue, thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There should be no issue if you register a new taxonomy for the post. This article here provides a plugin and a simple code method for doing that:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/create-custom-taxonomies-wordpress/

Huy

David

Thank you so much, very much

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re very welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.