[Resolved] Create Headers/Footers on GeneratePress Premium or Elementor Pro?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Create Headers/Footers on GeneratePress Premium or Elementor Pro?

Home Forums Support Create Headers/Footers on GeneratePress Premium or Elementor Pro?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hello,

So my website is built on GeneratePress Premium and Elementor Pro. Recently Elementor Pro released a new version that allows users to create and modify website headers, footers, blog post templates, etc. Is it better to create and modify my headers, footers, and blog post templates through GeneratePress or through Elementor? Will there be any impacts on my site’s SEO if all these elements are created through Elementor only?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

although Elementor doesn’t miss some schema markup from some of its elements i wouldn’t consider this a major issue.

As a note using the Elementor templates will stop you from using GP Hooks, so you will need another way of adding scripts such as GTM or other dynamic content. Also you pass all controls to Elementor so sticky nav and slideouts from GP Will be lost.

Steve

Thanks David. I guess this problem can be avoided if I just use Elementor for my blog post template, but still use GeneratePress for my header and footer. Correct?

Also, what is the “GTM” and the dynamic content that you were mentioning?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Correct.
    Google Tag Manager. Its fine if you keep the GP header as you can access the before header hook.
    Injecting dynamic content into any number of the hooks whether it be custom fields, CTA or whatever you need.

This explains where the hooks are:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-visual-guide/

Steve

Thanks David. By the way, if I use GeneratePress for my site header and I make my header not transparent, how do I move my entire page below the header rather than letting the top part hidden behind the header? Is it something that I change in the Legacy Page Headers section? Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    If you have a Legacy Page Header set then yes, on the Advanced tab of the page header their is the option.

Steve

Awesome, thanks David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.