[Resolved] Create a jump link using an element anchor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Create a jump link using an element anchor

Home Forums Support Create a jump link using an element anchor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robert

I am trying to create a link on a post to another post that will jump to the heading I want to reference. I see the anchor in generatepress but when I append #anchor to the end of the URL it doesn’t work. What am I missing here?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

does the Heading have a HTML Anchor attribute ( ID ) attached to it ? As i cannot see that it on the link your provided.

Robert

Yes, in the GP advanced menu for the heading block I see the html anchor. Is this all I need or do I also need something else?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Robert,

I don’t see the anchor either on the link you provided.

Can you take a screenshot of the GB headline block where we can see the anchor is set?

Let me know.

Robert

Sure, here you go.

Robert

Just wanted to check in on this one.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m sorry for the late reply, the last reply from you has slipped from our system.

So I checked this H2 element, but seems the anchor didn’t add to the HTML: https://www.screencast.com/t/7TFWzFuU3

Can you clear cache and disable cache plugin to test?

Robert

I saved this page again as-is and it is working now. I wonder if it was because this page was published prior to generatepress being installed?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

That should not matter, as the anchor feature is from WP, it should work in all WP themes.

Glad it’s working now 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.