[Support request] create a glossary

Home Forums Support [Support request] create a glossary

Home Forums Support create a glossary

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    david

Hi, I need advice on the best way to create a glossary for my website and then to be able to select a term on a page and see it’s definition. Appreciate any pointers to tutorials, articles or recommended plugins.
    Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Do you have any mockups, pegs, or reference sites you’d like to replicate?

While we can mention some plugins, we’re not exactly sure if it fits your requirement if we don’t have a clear idea of what you’re aiming for.

But to recommend some:

Some users use WP Glossary plugin with a bit of custom CSS for styling.

The more advanced users create their own snippets for the term listing and use custom post types + custom fields for their Terms and term description.

david

Thanks for this Elvin,
    In the mean time I’m looking at this plugin https://glossary.codeat.co/.
    You say “The more advanced users create their own snippets” are there any tutorials you know of?
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Alternative to the plugin you listed, this is the other i have seen being used by others:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/enhanced-tooltipglossary/

But you may find you need their premium version for more advanced features.

If you require the features those plugins offer then i don’t think you’ll find any tutorials on how to do that, a simple Tooltip maybe, but what those plugins do is really advanced.

david

Thanks David, the plugin works perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised to see it works on custom fields, one problem it doesn’t work on taxonomy fields, not a big problem just need to duplicate the taxonomies I need as custom fields. The other thing is I’d like to tweak the color of the tooltips – don’t suppose you (or a friend of a friend) know the css classes?
    Thanks very much again you took care of a big part of my project.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you have a site setup with the plugin in place and a working tooltip – share us a link so we can see it and we’ll take a look for them

Jimi

Hi,

I use the WP Glossary with Generatepress. It works almost perfectly.

The only thing missing is a “bubble arrow” with a question mark inside it, next to the term.

I have tried disablinb caching plugin, and many other plugins.

Could this be a CSS issue ?

It can be seen here: https://onlinemarketingbureauet.dk/ordbog/ahrefs/

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not exactly sure what it’s supposed to look like.

I’ve checked the link provided and I don’t see any traditional-looking glossary.

Perhaps I missed it, can you provide any screenshot of what you’re pertaining to?

Let us know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.