[Support request] Create 2 columns of posts on home page using beaver builder and generatepress

Home Forums Support [Support request] Create 2 columns of posts on home page using beaver builder and generatepress

Home Forums Support Create 2 columns of posts on home page using beaver builder and generatepress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bert

I just purchased generatepress premium and beaver builder. How do I put two columns of posts on the home page? I set two columns of posts and a sidebar in Generatepress. Do I also need to create with Beaver Builder one row with two columns and put “post” in each column?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Setting your columns using the blog add-on in Customize > Blog > Columns should do that for you.

Is it not working?

Bert

Thank you, Tom.
    I had done what you suggested and no post columns appeared? I have not done any posts yet because I want to assure they would post correctly. Do I need to create a template for the home page? I am an absolute, 100% beginner who has never done any work on a website before, so I don’t know what to expect.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You would need to add posts in order for them to appear in the columns – even if they’re temporary test posts.

Bert

Tom, I am using the generate press sidebar, but want to use beaver builder for the blog posts on the static home page. I put a Beaver builder row with a text module, and a second row with a posts module in the content area. I configured the posts module for two columns. It appears as I want it as shown at russianinvestigation.org
    When I do a test post (using preview) the post writes over my two beaver builder rows, which disappear. How do I disable generate press from setting the blog post rules so that my post will locate correctly in the beaver builder post row?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not really sure what you mean. If it’s just a regular static page using Beaver Builder, then GP shouldn’t even be able to write any content at all.

I’m not seeing a page with multiple columns of posts by Beaver Builder on your site?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.