[Resolved] copy of my generatepress site to a new domain without generatepress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] copy of my generatepress site to a new domain without generatepress

Home Forums Support copy of my generatepress site to a new domain without generatepress

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Katharina

Hi Support,
    I have maybe an unusual question. I wanted to copy my website that I build with generatepress premium and use it to build another website on a new domain that is not using generatepress premium.

– Is it posssible? and ok from legal and licensing view of point?
    – Also since I used features from generatepress Premium will they be lost?
    – Can I just install the free version of generatepress?
    – Or could I even turn my website into an Theme so I don’t need generatepress anymore?

Sorry for this questions, I really like your product and want to keep working with it, but a friend asked me if I could build his website and I promised to give him my website and he can change the content. But know I realized, it’s not that easy.
    I want to figure out if it is possible and what would be the best approach.

Thanks for your support
    Andy

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what is stopping you from using GeneratePress on that other build?
    The Premium license is for unlimited sites that is for your own and your clients builds. If your friend is a client then this would be permitted, of course they can also purchase their own Premium license as well.

Katharina

I don’t sell the website but let’s say he his my client. How would I proceed can I activate my license on his domain? Or do I build it on my domain or on a local server? Sorry I am new to it and not sure how to give him my generatepress website without him purchasing the premium. He is not willing to invest in themes etc. yet.
    But if I can use my license it would be great. Is there some help on it? or can I just activate premium on his wordpress with my license.

Thanks
    David

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use your license on his website.

Of course, it would be preferable if he purchased his own license at some point.

Katharina

Thanks Tom and David,
    I will try to convince him 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – glad we could be of help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.