[Resolved] Converting to block editor, not respecting padding on page layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Converting to block editor, not respecting padding on page layout

Home Forums Support Converting to block editor, not respecting padding on page layout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Deborah

Converting an existing GeneratePress site. Using the Columns block, I created three equal-width columns. Each column has a Media and Text block within it, in a vertical layout Image on top, followed by heading with text underneath.

The three-columns display across the entire browser width, no longer respecting the left and right padding settings in GeneratePress.

Which is what I don’t want.

I understand the Columns block has wide width and full width options, but there doesn’t seem to be anything like normal width.

Is there some way to have the Columns block respect GeneratePress settings? Am I missing something obvious?

Or should I be looking at another approach for a three-column section? Previously, I used sections with Lightweight Grid Columns, which gave me more control over appearance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I would highly recommend the Grid blocks from our GenerateBlocks plugin:
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/grid-overview/

You should be able to have full control with it πŸ™‚

Deborah

Thank you for the quick reply, Leo.

I just tried it, replacing my GeneratePress Section with a GenerateBlocks Container block. Created three columns with the GenerateBlocks Grid block.

Glad to see all those customization options with GenerateBlocks Headline block -> useful!

Works perfectly!

When I searched online for a solution, I searched for “transitioning from GeneratePress sections to GenerateBlocks.” I didn’t find any results that helped me. Perhaps my search should have been reworded.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

GenerateBlocks is still quite new so not a whole lot of articles on it.

There aren’t any specific tips that help to migrate sections to GB – mostly just trial and error to get used to the new system.

Deborah

Thanks, Leo.

Is GenerateBlocks similar to Sections in that if you’re designing a page, the entire page should be designed with GenerateBlocks grid, container, etc.?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Deborah,

What’s cool about GenerateBlocks is you can still use core blocks on the same page. No need to stick with only GenerateBlocks πŸ™‚

Deborah

Hi Tom,

Good to know.

I’ve been spending the afternoon getting to know GenerateBlocks and WP Show Posts for this site conversion to the block editor. Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.