[Resolved] Convert from Focusblog to Generatepress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Convert from Focusblog to Generatepress

Home Forums Support Convert from Focusblog to Generatepress

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Manu

Hi

I recently purchased generate press premium and i am trying to convert my existing blog on focusblog theme from thrive . But once i change the theme my post tables and images are not working properly. How can i convert to new theme by keeping old setting and formats. Also is there a way to import from site library to existing blog without affecting the contents

regards

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if your old theme had built in features that GP does not then you would need to replace them. It looks like your old theme is using the thrive builder, i would assume that if the plugin is still installed then this content should be editable in GP. Unfortunately i haven’t had experience of this. I would recommend switching themes on a staging or backup of your existing site to see what happens.

We don’t recommend installing Sites from our library on a pre-built site. They do not remove any of your existing content, but they do switch theme settings, menus, widget areas as well as add pages and plugins. All of your existing content would remain intact but you would need to reselect the correct menus and swap out any widgets being used. Again if you are going to try this then do it on a staging or backup copy of your existing site.

Manu

Hi,

I tried to import from site library and as you said there were both menu and widget items and i had to revert to old theme. Also for the posts the formatting has changed and my tables and images were stretched. I had built them using thrive architect. So building them again for a lot of posts is not practical.

Is there a recommended plan for smooth switchover for existing blogs?

thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The issue will be with having built the posts with the Thrive pagebuilder. It kind of locks you in and sometimes the only way around this is to manually rebuild / copy and paste posts to get out of that situation.

When you switched over was the Thrive Architect still activated? If it was then the content should still be editable and its just a case of figuring out what the theme difference would do to its layout. Hard to tell without seeing.

Manu

Hi,

Yes thrive architect is still active. So i would have to edit manually all the content again if i want to migrate which will be tough as there are more than 100 posts.

Ok i will check and consider the options.

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What was the major differences when transferring to GP? As the content was built in Thrive i would expect that to remain fairly intact. Let me know of anything specific, there might be something obvious.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.